Culture Kit FAQ and Tips
CULTURE KIT FAQ
- What is a culture kit?
- How much does it cost to reserve a culture kit?
Shipping both ways is on us, and FREE for you, if you live in NC!
- Who can reserve a culture kit?
Any public, private, or home school educator in NC can reserve a kit. Community members, and students in NC can also reserve kits. We do not ship kits out of the state.
- What level are culture kits designed for?
They are designed for K-14 educators and students. Kits are also great resources for University instructors to use with pre-service teachers. Not every item, in every kit, will be appropriate for the grade you teach. Please preview the kit, and determine which items are the best fit for your students.
- Where do I make my kit request?
Please make all requests via our online booking page. We do not accept kit requests via phone or email.
- How far in advance do you need to make a request?
Kits must be reserved at least 2 weeks in advance (last year we had around 850 requests!)
- How long can you keep a kit?
Kits can be reserved for periods of time between EXACTLY 2-4 weeks.
- How many kits can you reserve each school year?
Educators that made requests prior to 9/12/17 can reserve a maximum of 8 culture kits per academic year for 2017-2018 (we will do our best to honor all of these requests, but it will depend on our budget).
Educators that make requests after 9/12/17 can reserve a maximum of 4 kits to be delivered via Fedex, or a maximum of 6 kits for pick-up.
We want as many different NC educators as possible to be able to use our resources to increase global education in their classrooms. However, we have quadrupled the number of kits we send out in the last four years, but our budget has not increased, and this year we may not have enough funding in our budget to accept all requests. We are in the process of problem-solving and looking for additional funding. Once we accept 850 requests, all additional requests may become pick-up only, or schools may be asked to pay for their FedEx shipping (but we will of course let you know in advance).
- When do you start accepting kit requests each school year?
We open up our booking page and begin accepting requests each August.
- How many kits can you reserve at the same time?
We prefer that you only reserve 1-2 kits at a time, unless you have a special situation. Please email us at email@example.com.
- How do you get your kit once it is ready?
You can either pick up your kit if you are local, or we can ship the kit via FedEx to you for free. We ask all teachers that live within 20-30 minutes of our office to pick up their kits.
- How long does it take for kits to arrive via FedEx?
It normally takes 2-5 days for kits to ship via FedEx.
- How do you return a culture kit?
Put the return label from the plastic binder sleeve from inside your kit, into the plastic shipping sleeve attached to the outside of the shipping box. Go to FedEx.com to find out the nearest FedEx drop off location near you. Drop your kit off at FedEx. Our return labels are designed for drop off so you can’t call FedEx to schedule a pick up because they will ask you for our account #. If FedEx happens to be coming to your school anyways to pick up something else, they may do you a favor and pick up the kits.
- If I realize I forgot to send an item back with the kit, what address do I send it back to?
FedEx Global Education Center
301 Pittsboro St. Ste. 3000, Campus Box 5145
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599-5145
- When are kits available and sent out?
Kits are sent out according to the UNC student calendar, as UNC student interns send kits out, and check them back in.
Kit Reservation Schedule 2017-2018
- Fall reservations available from 9/5/17-12/6/17 (Kits will not be sent out during UNC Winter Break)
- Spring reservations available from 1/10/18-4/27/18
- Kits will not be sent our during UNC Spring Break from 3/10/18-3/18/18
- Kits will not be sent out during UNC Summer Break from 4/28/18-9/6/18.
HOW TO REQUEST A KIT
- LOG IN every time you make a request (and to create a FREE account) so that you can easily keep track of all your requests.
- There is an email verification step when you create an account, so you must check your email to verify, before you can log in the first time.
- Once logged in, go to “profile” to enter your “saved information” to avoid re-entering your school information every time you request a kit.
- What do I do if I’m having trouble logging in to my CheckFront account?
First try to click on “I forgot my password” to retrieve your password. If you are still having trouble, then please send a short message to CheckFront at https://www.checkfront.com/contact. Carolina Navigators does not have access to your password.
- Click on “AVAILABILITY” near the kit you would like, even if it says “UNAVAILABLE”, to scroll through the calendar to find available dates.
- Please watch this video tutorial if it is your first time requesting a kit, or if you have any problems with the booking process.
- Please add our email addressees to your contacts so that our notifications to you don’t firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
CULTURE KIT TIPS
- Sign up for our newsletter so that you receive a notification each year when we start accepting kit requests in August, and when we add new kits to our site!
- Make your requests as early as possible to get the best selection. Our kits book up fast!
- Open up your kit box as soon as it arrives, to maximize the time you and your students have with the kit!
- Use our global resources search feature to browse for videos, virtual presentations, photos stories, and inspirational posters to use along with kits, or on their own.